Job Title: Vehicle/Fleet Operative – Ambulance Service
Hours: 37.5 hour a week.
Location: MET Medical Ambulance Station (St.Albans)
Salary: £16,000 pa
The role of the Fleet Operative at MET Medical is to replace and replenish vital equipment
within a variety of ambulances and emergency vehicles. To provide support to the
operations team in MET Medical and undertake other general maintenance duties.
Deep cleaning (both exterior and interior) of our fleet utilising pre-approved rigorous
processes and a range of specialist cleaning equipment and to carry out routine maintenance
depending on skills and experience.
This role would suit someone with an interest in the emergency services or a love of cars. The role may provide opportunities to carry out certain vehicle repairs, or fitting navigation systems etc depending on qualifications and experience. Would suit apprentice mechanic, valeter or fitter.
We are a fast growing family business and this role would be tailored to the individual.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Maintain cleanliness in the Ambulance station, vehicle bays equipment and complete weekly inspections of a fleet of vehicles monitoring cleanliness and roadworthiness.
Reporting issues and liaising with external contractors such as mechanics.
– Carry out weekly and monthly safety audits
– Assist admin and operations team at peak times
- Collection and return of vehicles, including ambulances to and from the station and
external contractor premises and as directed assist in the changeover of those
appliances to ensure fleet availability
- You will be expected to clean ambulances, (both internally and externally) at the
– To complete work/ job cards following the completion of vehicle
- Refuel ambulances as required
- To perform deep cleaning of vehicles owned or managed by MET Medical according
to the company Standing Operating Procedures (SOP).
– Carry out basic vehicle checks such as oil, coolant level, windscreen washer fluid.
– Carry out stock takes and order medical supplies
- Report all defects and deficiencies on the vehicle and equipment to the appropriate
- Restock all company vehicles using an agreed vehicle equipment check lists.
- Report any vehicle that arrives on the station that is an untidy and in dirty state to
your line Manager
- To work in line with Met Medical’s cleaning policy in order to maintain a clean station
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed according to current policies
– Restock and control stock in medical bags
– Carrying basic maintenance.
Essential / Experience:
Basic knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering system of vehicles to be able
to effectively undertake minor repairs and maintenance of ambulance vehicles.
Experience of working in a garage or workshop environment
Demonstrate attention to detail
Hold a valid EU Driving License (No more than 3 endorsement points)
C1 Category entitlement (essential)
Effective social skills gained from experience, dealing with the public
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
Good knowledge of current operational procedures and clinical practices
Good verbal, listening and written communication skills
Displays good interpersonal skills
Good organisational skills, is able to identify priority pathways and act effectively under
Able to produce accurate records in accordance with MET-Medical policy.
Is self motivated with ability to work within occupational guidelines
Displays excellent attention to detail
Maintains a flexible and proactive approach to work
Demonstrate a commitment to team working
Equality and Diversity
MET Medical are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to avoiding
unlawful discrimination in employment. In endeavouring to become an equal opportunity
employer we intend that no job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment
because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic
origin, religion, disability or age; not be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements
which are irrelevant.
There will be equal opportunities in the recruitment, training and development and promotion of
employees. MET Medical strives to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and
bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect is an important aspect of ensuring
equal opportunities in employment.
Data Protection Act
All staff must comply with the Data Protection Act and must not disclose personal information
regarding patients or other employees to unauthorised personnel. Staff must ensure that patient
documents are secure (this includes handwritten or printed job sheets) and are not accessible to
|Location||MET Medical Ambulance Station (St Albans)|