Emergency Ambulance Crew – (Bank)
MET Medical is a leading independent ambulance service, founded & run by Paramedics. Due to our continued expansion and contracts we are seeking all clinical grades to join us for a range of work duties, including Event Medical Cover, HDU Transfers & Medical Repatriation.
Looking for flexible working? With MET Medical you can pick and choose the shifts you want on the days that you want to work.
Are you looking for a new challenge and a work environment that provides you with job satisfaction? Look no further. Please see below for more information.
Emergency Ambulance Crew
Bank / 0 Hour – Self Employed
MET-Medical Ambulance Station and deployment throughout the UK.
We are currently looking for candidates located in Reading and the surrounding areas.
MET Medical are always recruiting for Clinical Bank staff to join our team on a bank basis, with as many hours as you would like, to help with repatriations, critical care HDU Transfers & event cover (Festivals, Motor-Cross, Boxing etc.
To assist with the transportation of ambulant, non-ambulance and stretcher patients who require a responsive level of assessment, care and treatment. To transport and attend to patients and clients within the care of MET Medical in accordance with policies and procedures.
Due to the nature of this role successful candidates must have the ability to work in an emergency ambulance environment and have good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, as well as being able to work as part of a team.
Accurately complete all documentation relating to patients, vehicles and equipment and submit it to MET Medical management when required
Ambulance staff must have a blue light emergency driving qualification e.g. IHCD D1/D2 or Emergency Response Ambulance Driving QCF. You will preferably have a full UK driving license with C1 entitlement (or complete the C1 driving test within 4 weeks of starting)
Working as a crew you will initiate appropriate care and effective treatment to patients in both hospital and pre-hospital environment, selecting and applying appropriate skills and equipment safely and within appropriate level of training, competency and scope of practice.
When working as a crew with a Paramedic, support the work of the senior clinician by providing effective clinical care using appropriate knowledge and skills in order to assist them make professional judgements; conduct diagnostic procedures and provide safe and effective treatments as and when requested by the senior clinician in accordance with MET-Medical procedures, guidelines and protocols.
To provide and contribute to the care, effective treatment and safe transportation of patients, providing the highest standards of clinical and personal care within the hospital and pre-hospital environment.
Provide patient assessment and treatment in line with the scope of practice and within MET-Medical guidelines. To ensure that patient confidentiality is maintained at all times and that personal / clinical information is only disclosed in accordance with MET-Medical policy, procedure and protocol and in accordance with Caldicott regulations, whilst ensuring that all appropriate information is recorded in a timely and efficient manner.
Important: Ambulance staff must have a blue light emergency driving qualification e.g. IHCD D1/D2 or Emergency Response Ambulance Driving QCF. You will preferably have a full UK driving license with C1 entitlement (or complete the C1 driving test within 4 weeks of starting)
Essential / Experience:
• Successfully completed an Emergency Care Assistant Course, FREC, FPOS-A or FPOS-I
• Emergency Ambulance Driving Certificate (E.g. – IHCD, Future Quals Level 3 etc) (Desirable)
• A minimum of one-year experience of front line emergency responding.
• Hold a valid EU Driving License for a minimum of 12 months (No more than 3 endorsement points)
• C1 Category entitlement (Or have provisional with the aim to gain within 4 weeks of starting)
• Demonstrate ability to work in an emergency ambulance environment
• Evidence of Continual Professional Development
• Experience of emergency and non-emergency driving with a statutory service.
• Ability to deliver a high quality patient experience and ensure customer satisfaction at all times
• Up to date with all Immunisations
• Enhanced DBS
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
• Ability to carry out manual handling including the lifting of patients and equipment.
• Good knowledge of current operational procedures and clinical practices
• Good verbal, listening and written communication skills
• Able to communicate across wide demographic boundaries in an appropriate manner
• Displays good interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate the ability and commitment to providing high quality patient care, appropriate to patient needs
• Able to operate all appropriate information systems in an efficient and effective manner relevant to this post
• Respects and applies patient confidentiality at all times
• Displays good diplomatic skills, is tactful and discreet.
• Good organisational skills, is able to identify priority pathways and act effectively under pressure
• Is self motivated with ability to work within occupational guidelines
• Displays excellent attention to detail
• Maintains a flexible and proactive approach to work
• Demonstrate a commitment to team working
Equality and Diversity
MET-Medical are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in employment. In endeavouring to become an equal opportunity employer we intend that no job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; not be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
There will be equal opportunities in the recruitment, training and development and promotion of employees. MET-Medical strives to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
MET Medical Privacy Statement Job Applicants:
We take care to protect the privacy of job applicants, both past and present. We take our obligations under privacy and data protection law very seriously. Please read our privacy statement carefully.
MET Medical – Privacy Statement Job Applicants
For more information or to request a Job Description & application form, please complete the online form at the bottom of the page.
We welcome candidates who share our dedication, quality and loyalty to deliver excellent patient care. As such we demand extremely high standards from our applicants to ensure that we can deliver to our clients and regulators expectations.
We will ask you for a lot of documentation and evidence of your qualifications, experience and training, this is in order that we never fail to meet everyone’s expectations, least of all yours, it also ensures that we remain compliant.
Once you have completed the online form, you will be emailed by our HR Team and provided with all the information you will need to progress you to the next stage.