Student Paramedic (Bank)
MET Medical s an established independent ambulance service, founded and run by Paramedics. Due to our continued expansion we are seeking bank paramedics to join us for a range of work duties, including Event Medical Cover, HDU Transfers & Medical Repatriations.
Looking for flexible working? With MET Medical you can pick and choose the shifts you want on the days that you want to work.
Are you looking for a new challenge and a work environment that provides you with job satisfaction? Look no further. Please see below for more information.
Hertfordshire, London, surrounding home counties and the South.
Dependant on your year of study between £8.50 – £11.00
To assist with the transportation of ambulant, non-ambulance and stretcher patients who require a responsive level of assessment, care and treatment. To transport and attend to patients and clients within the care of MET Medical in accordance with policies and procedures.
Due to the nature of this role successful candidates must have the ability to work in an emergency ambulance environment and have good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, as well as being able to work as part of a team.
Accurately complete all documentation relating to patients, vehicles and equipment and submit it to MET Medical management when required.
**You must have a minimum of 300 Hours Front line Clinical experience (PAD Hours).
Working as a crew you will initiate appropriate care and effective treatment to patients in both hospital and pre-hospital environment, selecting and applying appropriate skills and equipment safely and within appropriate level of training, competency and scope of practice.
When working as a crew with a Paramedic, Emergency Ambulance Crew or Emergency Medical Technician, support the work of the senior clinician by providing effective clinical care using appropriate knowledge and skills in order to assist them make professional judgements; conduct diagnostic procedures and provide safe and effective treatments as and when requested by the senior clinician in accordance with MET-Medical procedures, guidelines and protocols.
To provide and contribute to the care, effective treatment and safe transportation of patients, providing the highest standards of clinical and personal care within the hospital and pre-hospital environment.
Provide patient assessment and treatment in line with the scope of practice and within MET-Medical guidelines. To ensure that patient confidentiality is maintained at all times and that personal / clinical information is only disclosed in accordance with MET-Medical policy, procedure and protocol and in accordance with Caldicott regulations, whilst ensuring that all appropriate information is recorded in a timely and efficient manner.
Essential / Experience:
• Minimum of 350 Clinical / Front Line hours / experience
• A minimum of one year experience of front line emergency responding
• Hold a valid EU Driving License (No more than 3 endorsement points)
• A minimum of 1-year driving experience since first holding a full UK Licence
• C1 Category entitlement (desirable)
• Up to date with all immunisations
• Enhanced DBS
• Evidence of Continual Professional Development
• Effective social skills gained from experience, dealing with the public
• Ability to complete paperwork to exacting standards (Patient Report Forms PRFs)
• Demonstrate ability to work in an emergency ambulance environment
• Ability to prioritise objective and work schedules to make best use of time and resources
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
• Ability to carry out manual handling including the lifting of patients and equipment.
• Good knowledge of current operational procedures and clinical practices
• Good verbal, listening and written communication skills
• Able to communicate across wide demographic boundaries in an appropriate manner
• Displays good interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate the ability and commitment to providing high quality patient care, appropriate to patient needs
• Able to operate all appropriate information systems in an efficient and effective manner relevant to this post
• Respects and applies patient confidentiality at all times
• Displays good diplomatic skills, is tactful and discreet.
• Good organisational skills, is able to identify priority pathways and act effectively under pressure
• Able to produce accurate records in accordance with MET-Medical policy.
• Is self motivated with ability to work within occupational guidelines
• Displays excellent attention to detail
• Maintains a flexible and proactive approach to work
• Demonstrate a commitment to team working
For more information please complete the online form at the bottom of the page and we will send you a Job Description & Application Form.
Equality and Diversity
MET-Medical are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in employment. In endeavouring to become an equal opportunity employer we intend that no job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; not be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
There will be equal opportunities in the recruitment, training and development and promotion of employees. MET-Medical strives to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
MET Medical Privacy Statement Job Applicants:
We take care to protect the privacy of job applicants, both past and present. We take our obligations under privacy and data protection law very seriously. Please read our privacy statement carefully.
MET Medical – Privacy Statement Job Applicants