Clinical (Paramedic) Trainer
Clinical Trainer (Bank)
We are looking for qualified Paramedic who has a current registration with the HCPC. At least 6 months experience post-qualification and hold a PTTLS certification or Level 3 Adult Education & Learning to join us is delivering First Response Emergency Care training up to Technician Level. We have a range of contract roles. Ideally the candidate will be Qualsafe Registered.
Paramedic Trainer / Clinical Trainer – (You must be a HCPC Registered paramedic for this position)
Clinical Manager / Directors
MET Medical Ambulance Station and deployment throughout the UK.
About MET Medical:
MET Medical is one of the fastest growing independent ambulance services in the UK. We are based in St Albans and provide ambulances and personnel to a wide range of sectors including TV, live events, film, hospitals, nursing homes, the NHS, insurance companies and private individuals. We employ paramedics, ambulance technicians and student paramedics.
About the Role
To deliver and assess MET Medical courses to the required standard and content.
You will be responsible for delivering and assessing a variety of First Aid and Health & Safety courses to our workplace and community training customers. Due to our wide range of clients, no training course should ever be the same, and you will deal with people from all backgrounds with different learning styles.
You must therefore have the ability to remain passionate, and engaging while delivering a training syllabus and have the expertise to deliver the content at the right pace for the training groups, as often these training courses can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.
● To deliver training courses and conduct assessments to a consistent and fair standard in accordance with MET Medical requirements.
● Provide consistently high quality training to national standards with a focus on the accuracy of the course content, effective training methods and activities and the candidates’ learning experience
● Deliver learning using a variety of styles and methodologies adapted to the needs of the learner to stimulate and sustain learner motivation and engagement; adjust lessons to best meet the needs of individual learners while adhering to the content and delivery requirements of the course standards.
● Actively seek feedback from students and customers and objectively review the outcomes of the course in order to learn lessons, surpass standards and improve the learner and customer experience.
● Work independently and as part of a team using own initiative.
● Support and assist team members and colleagues by providing advice and support in general as well as specialist advice in relation to HSE regulations, first aid guidelines and/or health and safety guidelines.
● As a member of the team participate and contribute to the achievement of projects and the first aid training business plan.
● Work closely with the training team and staff across MET Medical to support initiatives and the achievement of organisational strategic objectives.
● To maintain a high standard of training and delivery equipment. Report any faults or damage to equipment through the required processes when they occur.
● To ensure that all equipment used, is cleaned and stored in accordance with procedures
● Accurate completion and prompt submission of all relevant course documentation
● To maintain confidentiality in line with service policy and ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act and Caldicott principles.
● To arrive in good time, to prepare the training room and greet students
● To liaise, on arrival, with in-company contacts to ensure smooth running of the course
● To pilot new initiatives in training when required
● To be responsible for the cleanliness and security of the training venue (including refreshment areas), including prompt collection and return of keys to premises where required
● Determine competency against specified standards during assessment and evaluation.
● Assess examination papers for accuracy and relevance.
● Mark examination papers according to guidelines provided.
● Undertake risk assessments to ensure Health and Safety of students whilst involved in educational interventions.
● Evaluate and provide feedback on equipment, policies and procedures as requested.
Essential / Experience:
● Valid UK driving licence including B/C1/D1 categories.
● PTLLS – Level 3 Award in Education & Training
● Qualsafe Registered
● ALS Provider
● Qualified Paramedic with current HCPC registration for a minimum 2 Years
● Member of College of Paramedics
● Evidence of Continual Professional Development
● Up to date continuing professional development portfolio
● Effective social skills gained from experience, dealing with the public
● Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
● Competent in the use of Microsoft Office, Outlook etc.
● Highly motivated and driven
Knowledge / Skills / Ability
● Experience of planning, design and delivery of training programmes
● Ability to carry out manual handling including the lifting of patients and equipment
● Good knowledge of current operational procedures and clinical practices
● Good verbal, listening and written communication skills
● Able to communicate across wide demographic boundaries in an appropriate manner
● Demonstrate the ability and commitment to providing high quality patient care,
● appropriate to patient needs
● Able to operate all appropriate information systems in an efficient and effective
● manner relevant to this post
● Displays good diplomatic skills, is tactful and discreet.
● Good organisational skills, is able to identify priority pathways and act effectively
● under pressure
● Able to produce accurate records in accordance with MET-Medical policy.
● Is self-motivated with ability to work within occupational guidelines
● Displays excellent attention to detail
● Maintains a flexible and proactive approach to work
● Demonstrate a commitment to team working
You should be qualified to teach any of the following:
• First Person on Scene (full suite of courses)
• First Aid at Work
• Manual Handling
Equality and Diversity
MET Medical are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in employment. In endeavouring to become an equal opportunity employer we intend that no job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; not be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
There will be equal opportunities in the recruitment, training and development and promotion of employees. MET Medical strives to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
Data Protection Act
All staff must comply with the Data Protection Act and must not disclose personal
information regarding patients or other employees to unauthorised personnel. Staff must ensure that patient documents are secure (this includes handwritten or printed job sheets) and are not accessible to other parties.