Emergency Medical Technician – (Bank)
MET Medical s an established independent ambulance service, founded and run by Paramedics. Due to our continued expansion we are seeking bank paramedics to join us for a range of work duties, including Event Medical Cover, HDU Transfers & Medical Repatriations.
Looking for flexible working? With MET Medical you can pick and choose the shifts you want on the days that you want to work.
Are you looking for a new challenge and a work environment that provides you with job satisfaction? Look no further. Please see below for more information.
Emergency Medical Technician
Bank / Self Employed
Duty Operational Managers and Team Leaders
MET-Medical Ambulance Station in St Albans, Hertfordshire for deployment in London and the surrounding counties.
£14-£16 per hour
MET Medical are always recruiting for Clinical Bank staff to join our team on a bank basis, with as many hours as you would like, to help with repatriations, critical care HDU Transfers & event cover (Festivals, Motor-Cross, Boxing etc),
To assist with the transportation of ambulant, non-ambulance and stretcher patients who require a responsive level of assessment, care and treatment.
To transport and attend to patients and clients within the care of MET Medical in accordance with policies and procedures.
Due to the nature of this role successful candidates must have the ability to work in an emergency ambulance environment and have good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, as well as being able to work as part of a team.
Accurately complete all documentation relating to patients, vehicles and equipment and submit it to MET Medical management when required
Provide patient assessment and treatment in line with the scope of practice and within MET-Medical guidelines.
To ensure that patient confidentiality is maintained at all times and that personal / clinical information is only disclosed in accordance with MET-Medical policy, procedure and protocol and in accordance with Caldicott regulations, whilst ensuring that all appropriate information is recorded in a timely and efficient manner.
Job Specific Responsibilities
To ensure informed consent is obtained before treatment or intervention is undertaken and to ensure that the communication of information between self, the patient and colleagues is handled, sensitively, clearly, pro-actively and in a manner mindful of patient confidentiality.
Conduct Patient assessment, including interpretation of 12-lead ECG when appropriate. Select and apply in each instance the appropriate patient care procedures in accordance with the current Institute of Health and Care Development (IHCD) Ambulance Service Basis Training Manual, Joint Royal Colleges Ambulance Liaisons Committee (JRCALC), Clinical practice guidelines and appropriate MET Medical policies and procedures.
To ensure the efficient use of medical supplies, maintaining adequate supplies throughout the shift, ensuring single use items are used according to protocols and ensuring that all clinical waste is disposed of according to MET-Medical policy and current legislation.
To practice in accordance with protocol and current legislation governing the use of medicines and prescription only medicines, in relation to the storage and security of such items both while operational and on station.
Receive and interpret information from patients, carers, Healthcare Professionals and other Emergency Services and ensure clear and legible notes are made on the PRF’s (Patient Record Forms) and handed over correctly to the receiving department ensuring continuity of care throughout
Use of the appropriate knowledge and skills in order to make professional judgements, whilst autonomously conducting the appropriate diagnostic procedures and treatments, safely to the appropriate level of training and competency
We are requesting that Emergency Medical Technicians must have a blue light emergency driving qualification e.g. IHCD D1/D2 or Emergency Response Ambulance Driving etc.You will preferably have a full UK driving license with C1 entitlement.
• Successfully completed IHCD, AAP Qualification or FREC 5 (Ambulance Technician Certificate)
• IHCD Emergency Driving / Future Quals L3 / Emergency Ambulance Driving Certificate
• Experience of emergency and non-emergency driving with a statutory service,
• Hold a valid EU Driving License (No more than 3 endorsement points)
• A minimum of one year experience of front line emergency responding
• Up to date with all immunisations
• C1 Category licence
• Evidence of Continual Professional Development
• Effective social skills gained from experience, dealing with the public
• Demonstrate ability to work in an emergency ambulance environment
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Enhanced DBS
Knowledge / Skills / Ability
• Ability to carry out manual handling including the lifting of patients and equipment
• Good knowledge of current operational procedures and clinical practices
• Good verbal, listening and written communication skills
• Able to communicate across wide demographic boundaries in an appropriate manner
• Demonstrate the ability and commitment to providing high quality patient care, appropriate to patient needs
• Able to operate all appropriate information systems in an efficient and effective manner relevant to this post
• Respects and applies patient confidentiality at all times
• Displays good diplomatic skills, is tactful and discreet.
• Good organisational skills, is able to identify priority pathways and act effectively under pressure
• Able to produce accurate records in accordance with MET-Medical policy.
• Is self-motivated with ability to work within occupational guidelines
• Displays excellent attention to detail
• Maintains a flexible and proactive approach to work
• Demonstrate a commitment to team working
Please complete the online form below to receive a detailed Job Description & Application Form
Equality and Diversity
MET-Medical are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in employment. In endeavouring to become an equal opportunity employer we intend that no job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; not be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
There will be equal opportunities in the recruitment, training and development and promotion of employees. MET-Medical strives to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
MET Medical Privacy Statement Job Applicants:
We take care to protect the privacy of job applicants, both past and present. We take our obligations under privacy and data protection law very seriously. Please read our privacy statement carefully.
MET Medical – Privacy Statement Job Applicants
We welcome candidates who share our dedication, quality and loyalty to deliver excellent patient care. As such we demand extremely high standards from our applicants to ensure that we can deliver to our clients and regulators expectations.
We will ask you for a lot of documentation and evidence of your qualifications, experience and training, this is in order that we never fail to meet everyone’s expectations, least of all yours, it also ensures that we remain compliant.
Once you have completed the online form, you will be emailed by our HR Team and provided with all the information you will need to progress you to the next stage.